TL;DRHave you ever wondered who you were in a past life? Or perhaps you are curious about knowing someone in a past life. Past life connections are deep and profound but the noise of daily existence can sometimes stand in the way of us better understanding these past life relationships. Past Life Regression can help you to know what you were in your past life alongside uncovering the root cause of different traumas and issues we carry with us in the present.
Familiar feelings in certain locations or an indescribable connection with another person are all signs you lived a past life. While our rich and varied past life experiences may seem like an abstract concept or a realm that we will never be able to reach, with Past Life Regression, you can make contact with your former incarnations and learn important truths about yourself. If you want to find out who you were in your past life, follow the step-by-step guide outlined in this article.
Is There a Past Life?
The theory that we have all lived multiple past lives is a belief that has existed since the dawn of human existence. Past lives and reincarnation are central to many different belief systems around the globe, regardless of whether you believe in them or not. Past life theories vary wildly, but the basic consensus is that all of us are reincarnations of former souls who also once lived and walked this earth like we do today. The concept of a past life also hinges on the idea that we have a spirit or essence that travels from one physical body to another over the course of many lifetimes, so it is possible to have lived many lives and have made many connections before the one you are experiencing now. It can be comforting to know that when it all ends in this current plane of existence, that we have further consciousness waiting ahead of us. It can also be an uncomfortable feeling too, as many people fear that future lives may be filled with suffering and pain. However, we also need to appreciate that we will never experience our past or future lives in the same way as when we are actually living them. That being said, partaking in Past Life Regression can create a window through which we can view the various lives we have lived before.
Past Lives According to Different Cultures
Various Dharmic religions and even some sects of Christianity and Judaism refer to past lives in their religious ideologies and practices. The concept of reincarnation has also grown to be popular in secular Western ideology also, with holistic circles highlighting the therapeutic benefits of learning from our past life experiences. However, the two religions where reincarnation is especially significant are Buddhism and Hinduism.
Buddhists believe our past lives directly influence our present lives. Following the words of Buddha, they believe that by living good and well-intentioned lives, that they will be rewarded with good fortune in their after-lives. However, a key component of Buddhist belief is the idea that all lives can eventually reach enlightenment, or ‘Nirvana’. As Nirvana translates as ‘becoming extinguished’, the Buddist concept of reincarnation states that a soul can reach its final, highest destination, without reincarnating further.
Reincarnation is similarly central to Hindu beliefs and practices. The main difference though, is that Hindus believe in infinite lives. Hindu texts refer to the soul as nondestructible, or as a substance that will never fade or alter in any way. The only element that changes in future incarnations is the vessel in which the soul resides. In other words, the body is transient while the soul is eternal.
How do I Know if I had a Past Life?
How do you know if you had a past life? Well, almost all of us have past lives. While some people can be a ‘new soul’, with no or very few previous lives, most of us have lived an eclectic and varied array of previous incarnations. These previous incarnations leave an imprint on our current lives in subtle ways though; we may feel a strange longing for a distant location, or a sudden feeling of familiarity when watching a movie about a foreign destination. The feelings may be odd, but they are unshakable. We may also experience clear visions that may appear unexpectedly and often in our dreams. These visions can be discerned from normal dreams as they have a deeper, more profound feeling for the dreamer. Deja vu of places, people or events are also common experiences that are evidence we are tied to previous lives. However, most interestingly of all, negative experiences we have had in our past lives can lead to phobias in our current lives that apparently have no cause.
Did we Know Each Other in a Past Life?
All of our reincarnations tend to possess some form of similarity or connection. This may be in a person’s appearance, mannerism, a way of thinking or any other unique characteristic that sets them apart from the rest. With this in mind, we may be able to determine which souls we were once connected to in a previous life by looking out for these traits. Anybody we meet or currently know and share a deep, profound and indescribable connection with is likely to be a soul we also spent time with in a previous life. These people tend to be family members, life partners or extremely close friends - in other words, anyone in our current lives that we feel we simply couldn’t live without. The term ‘soul mates’ has many different interpretations nowadays, but its core meaning is tied to the idea of sharing past lives with these extra special people.
So, Who was I in my Past Life?
Most people with an interest in reincarnation will wish to know who they may have been in previous lives. To think we have lived in completely foreign landscapes, spoken ancient languages and experienced historic events is fascinating to say the least, but very few people know how to connect with their past life. To do so, a person needs to partake in a process called ‘Past Life Regression’, usually with the help of a trained practitioner.
Past Life Regression Therapy
Past Life Regression (PLR) is a gentle form of hypnotherapy which aims to transport a person back into the settings of their previous lives or incarnations by tapping into memories and experiences normally buried in the subconscious. Today’s world is so hectic and loud that these past life memories reside mostly undetected, beneath the chatter of our constantly busy thoughts. To tackle this, a PLR session seeks to guide an individual out of the contemporary chaos and into a quiet, meditative state of mind where past life memories are much easier to connect with. If you are interested in Past Life Regression therapy, but wish to partake in the process without the help of a PLR practitioner, the step-by-step guide down below is a great place to start for your solo journey.
- Set the Scene. As the main aim of a PLR session is to mentally remove ourselves from the noise of everyday life, a calm and peaceful environment is crucial. Just like with meditation, you must make sure you are in a comfortable position and all bodily needs are met. Needing the bathroom or suddenly becoming hungry in a session is distracting!
- Calm the Mind. Again, as the physical aspects of a PLR session is so similar to meditation, it is similarly important to enter a meditative mindset. Whatever techniques you use to do this is fine, just make sure you have quieted your internal chatter and are in an open, receptive state of mind.
- Create a Psychic Shield. When we put ourselves into a meditative mindset, we make ourselves vulnerable to negative energy and forces. Therefore, an important but often overlooked aspect of PLR is creating a spiritual barrier around yourself before delving deeper. Visualizing a bright, white light starting from the top of your head and swathing your entire body is a simple but effective form of psychic protection.
- Visualization. At this point, you will want to picture any scene that can transport you to a different plane. This may be a hallway or corridor, or even a simple black tunnel. From here, you will need to envisage a ‘goal’ that you feel compelled to reach. This may be a door on the other side of the corridor, or a bright light at the end of the tunnel.
- Enter the Past Life. After making your journey, enter the ‘portal’ created by your mind. This may be a quick process, or you may need longer to prepare yourself at the portal’s edge. Once stepping into this otherly plane, you may feel confused or disoriented. It will feel dream-like and you are likely to feel a huge disconnect with your body and surroundings.
- Assess the Scene. Because PLR can be an overwhelming experience for most people, a useful tip is to start by simply looking at your feet. Notice the size and colour of them, the ground they are on and the type of shoe being worn. All of these factors can slowly paint an image of the person you used to be. You may also notice certain smells or sounds that further add to this overall image. Once you have worked up the courage, you may want to look up and around and take it all in.
- Coming Back to the Present. After spending time as your previous reincarnation, it is important to come back to the present slowly. Reverse the process that took you back in time by drawing yourself out of the light and walking back down through the corridor. Sit with your eyes closed for as long as needed, and slowly move the body to bring back energy and a sense of the present. Think about the process for a while and how it made you feel.
What are the Benefits of Finding Your Past Life?
Negative experiences from our past lives - those involving trauma, bereavement or abuse - can cause a blockage in our current lives. We may struggle with showing our emotions due to former toxic relationships or we may have crippling anxiety after witnessing a loved one pass away in a previous life. Whatever a person’s affliction may be, it is usually linked to the negative experiences we have once had in the past. As such, choosing to revisit these lives can help us with clearing past life blocks. We can also begin to understand why your soul decided to choose challenging relationships, careers and experiences in this life as part of your evolution. Having a greater appreciation for the cause and effect of our innate difficulties makes these difficulties easier to cope with. While every PLR session is different, the overall goal is always to promote healing in current life.
Past Life Regression Risks
More often than not, Past Life Regression is a positive and healing spiritual journey. However, not everyone is able to cope with the new realizations that a PLR session can bring. We all want to see our souls happy and content in previous lives, but pain and suffering is a depressing reality in many of our histories. Learning to take these uncomfortable truths as a lesson in our current lives is important, but it's an emotional toll that may take some time to deal with. Not only this, but the actual process of taking oneself back through time can be a very disorienting feeling. We will feel dissociative and unconnected from our present bodies, a sensation that may be overwhelming to the inexperienced. This is natural though, as it is a strange and uncomfortable feeling to see ourselves in the body of another. Learning to take the PLR process at your own pace is crucial to avoid the unsettling emotions associated with the practice.
Our past incarnations can teach us many important lessons about the ways in which we walk through our current lives. While almost all of us will have a vast array of past lives, noticing the signs that point to a previous form of existence is crucial if a person wants to begin their journey of connecting with their former selves. The journey may not be easy or simple, but it is definitely worthwhile to learn a little more about ourselves and the reasons for why we are who we are.
Do you still want to know more about Past Life Regression? Or perhaps you have an interest in learning about the significance of reincarnation throughout different cultures. If so, make sure to check out this article; Your Reincarnations and Past Lives | Mysticsense. There are many more resources at Mysticsense that can guide you with your learning and provide insight for any other questions you may have. Discover your past life journey at Mysticsense today!
We have selected the most relevant psychics for this article, you can connect with any of them and get accurate advice on this subject.